Wendy’s Company announced the opening of its first store. global next generation At the same time, a new “Global Next Generation Large Capacity Kitchen” design option was also finalized to meet the highest customer demands. Both digital-first designs were created to improve the customer, staff and franchisee experience with the goal of accelerating Wendy’s global restaurant expansion.
The first Wendy’s opened less than a year after announcing new restaurant design standards. global next generation Restaurant is currently open Kansas and oklahomamore than 200 global next generation The restaurant is scheduled to be open until 2024.Wendy’s global next generation The restaurant features a sleek, modern design with an optimized layout and next-generation technology, with a focus on convenience, speed, and accuracy for drive-thru, dine-in, and digital order pickup, and more. We’re bringing Wendy’s to more people.
of global next generation Our future-proof design accelerates the system’s digital growth by increasing our digital order fulfillment capacity by 400 times,” said Wendy’s President, International and Chief Development Officer. Abigail Pringle in a press statement. “By bringing global next generation From state-of-the-art blueprint to successful opening in less than a year, Wendy’s global structure enables system-wide expansion optimized for the digital age. ”
Wendy’s has developed a new service for restaurants where customer demand is highest. Global next-generation large-capacity kitchen, The company estimates that this will increase kitchen production capacity by nearly 50% compared to traditional systems. global next generation standard. The new large-capacity kitchen global next generation Design with additional benefits of double-sided kitchen layout and increased equipment capacity:
- Kitchen throughput: The double-sided kitchen design features state-of-the-art equipment and layout to maximize the kitchen’s capacity, including an additional sandwich-making area, dedicated space for digital ordering, and more prep areas, all with exceptional quality. Give your crew the tools they need to efficiently deliver. .
- Operational efficiency: Strategically located front counters, drive-thrus, and expanded storage capacity reduce crew travel distances, enhancing overall operational flow while increasing crew comfort and speed of service.
of global next generation large capacity kitchen built into design standards global next generation Restaurant innovations to respond to changing customer preferences, including increased digital ordering capabilities:
- Streamlined ordering: Self-ordering kiosks, conveniently located pass-through order pickup shelves, and dedicated parking for mobile order pickup help create a more convenient experience for digital-first customers.
- Delivery optimization: A dedicated delivery pick-up window and parking space improves circulation for your restaurant and improves the overall convenience for your delivery partners.
- Technology integration: Next-generation technology enables a faster, smoother experience for restaurant teams to process more digital orders.
“The new high-capacity kitchen design maximizes throughput in our busiest restaurant kitchens. global next generation “Design innovation as the foundation for success,” Pringle said in a press statement. “We are excited to leverage both design and technology to unlock digital and global growth to meet customer demands of today and tomorrow.”
Among other technological advancements, the fast food giant aims to revolutionize the pick-up experience by using underground tunnels to transport orders directly from the kitchen to customers’ cars, and Wendy’s has adopted such pioneering technology. It was the first fast food restaurant to do so. .
As reported here, the groundbreaking initiative, announced in June, is the result of a collaboration between Wendy’s and Pipedream, a startup specializing in robotic underground delivery systems. This initiative aims to improve mobile ordering speed, service accuracy, and overall customer satisfaction. By leveraging Pipedream’s “Instant Pickup” system, Wendy’s plans to offer customers an efficient and convenient pickup option that doesn’t require them to leave their cars.
The underground delivery system uses autonomous robots that move through tunnels to transport meals quickly and seamlessly. Customers can pick up their orders at a convenient kiosk located next to their parking space. The system also includes a temperature-controlled compartment to keep cold items like lemonade fresh. Wendy’s guarantees our customers that the packaging of our products will remain secure during transportation to prevent spills and accidents.
A Wendy’s spokesperson said the fast-food chain plans to roll out Pipe Dream technology in select stores in the second half of 2023. The company is currently evaluating company-operated restaurants along the East Coast with high digital order volumes to identify the best locations. The location of the launch.