Halloween is probably the hackiest holiday. please think about it. When else would you get the chance to add animatronic eyes to everyday objects or fire up a CNC machine to carve into a pumpkin? labor day? no. Proximity-sensing jump scare device for Christmas? We think not. But on Halloween, you can let your imagination run wild.
We’re excited to announce that DigiKey and Arduino have teamed up for this year’s Hackaday Halloween Contest. Bring us your best costume, scariest ghost, your insane home decoration, wildest pumpkin, or most kid-friendly feat!
The top three winners will receive a $150 gift certificate courtesy of DigiKey. You’ll also receive Arduino Halloween treats if you bring your gruesome fantasies to life using Arduino Pro Series products.
There are also five honorable mention categories to inspire further feats of fantasy.
- Costume: The main purpose of Halloween is to wear crazy costumes and win candy. We don’t want to see candy.
- pumpkin: Carving a pumpkin may be as easy as putting a knife to a gourd, but that’s not what we’re after. Show us your insane carving methods and pumpkins so packed with electronics that they make Akihabara look empty.
- People who please children: Because costumes that make children smile are the essence of Halloween. However, games, elaborate candy dispensers, and anything else that will keep little ones entertained are fair game here.
- sacred house: Do people come to your neighborhood just to see haunted houses? Would you rather spend money on light effects than licorice? So show us your masterpiece!
- spooky: If your Halloween build is simply scary, it belongs here.
Visit Hackaday.io for more information. And start working on your ghost, costume, and Rube Goldberg treat dispenser today.