As more and more people become increasingly aware of environment-related issues, the act of gift-giving is evolving to align with our collective efforts towards sustainability and reducing our carbon footprint. , eco-friendly gifts are becoming very popular. Eco-friendly gifts not only show your loved ones that you care, but also help contribute to a greener and more sustainable planet.
Ruchita Bansal, founder and creative director of Izzhaar, said in an interview with HT Lifestyle: The young unconventional gift shop offers his solutions for bespoke gifts to lovers of arts and crafts. In doing so, they have earned a reputation for creating sustainable and eco-friendly customized gift products that not only decorate the beauty of your residence but also become gifts that will be etched in your memory forever. Masu. ”
She recommended five classic gifts to give or take home.
1.Marble Made with the environment in mind, it brings sustainability to the product. Gift marble homeware such as trays, bowls, cake stands, tissue boxes and more that will give your home a luxurious look.
2. Sustainable organic cotton bedding and boudoir essentials Made from 100% natural cotton fibres, it’s an eco-friendly addition to your linen wardrobe. Linen made from organic materials is not only healthier for you and the environment, it also helps the textile industry become more ethical and sustainable.
3. Exquisite cane gift basket Perfect for a variety of occasions including weddings and other special events in life. Torso, photo frames and tableware made from sugar cane are gaining great popularity among those who love eco-friendly gifts.
4. Wooden household items It is a rustic looking gift made from aged wood and will add a vintage look to your home. Consider gifting your loved ones a unique wooden cheese platter, perfect for any occasion, as a meal staple.
5. Luxurious ceramic tea mug Pairing it with a Roman-themed tea basket is another luxurious gift to add to your eco-friendly gift list.
Dr. Dev Swarup Shashtri, an expert on Vedic science, Dr. Jyotish Maharishi, similarly leveraged his expertise and suggested:
1. Use sustainable and recycled materials: When designing your home’s interior, choose eco-friendly materials such as reclaimed wood, bamboo, cork, and recycled glass. These materials are renewable and have a lower environmental impact compared to traditional materials. Incorporate it into furniture, flooring and interior items. From a Vaastu perspective, using natural materials like wood and bamboo promotes the flow of positive energy and harmony within your home. Create a warm and inviting atmosphere while staying connected to nature.
2. Energy efficient lighting: Replace traditional incandescent bulbs with energy-efficient LED or CFL lights. These bulbs consume less power, have a longer lifespan, and generate less heat. Consider installing a dimmer switch to control light intensity, set the mood and save energy. From a vaastu perspective, proper lighting is very important to maintain positive energy in your home. The living space uses soft, warm lighting to create a cozy and inviting atmosphere. Avoid harsh, bright lights in your bedroom to promote relaxation and restful sleep.
3. Indoor plants and greenery: Incorporate plants and greenery into your home’s interior design. Not only do they improve aesthetics, but they also improve air quality by reducing pollutants and increasing oxygen levels. Choose low-maintenance plants that grow indoors, such as snake plants, pothos, and spider plants. From a vaastu perspective, houseplants bring positive energy and vitality to your home. It creates a sense of balance and harmony and helps purify the environment. Place it in the northeast or east direction of your house for best vaastu effect.
4. Upcycling and Vintage Decor: Instead of buying new decorative items, consider upcycling or reusing old items. Refurbish old furniture, use vintage frames for artwork, or create unique decorations from recycled materials. This not only reduces waste, but also adds character and uniqueness to your home. At vaastu, you can bring a sense of history and tradition to your space by incorporating vintage elements. It creates a connection to the past and adds depth to the overall design.
5. Eco-friendly gift: When choosing a gift for your loved one, choose something that is environmentally friendly. Consider sustainable products like organic cotton clothing, reusable water bottles, bamboo kitchenware, and natural skin care products. You can also offer experiences like spa days, cooking classes, and concert tickets to promote sustainability and memorable moments. From a vaastu perspective, gifting eco-friendly products shows a sense of care and concern for the recipient’s well-being. Promotes positive energy exchange and fosters harmonious relationships.
While vaastu principles provide guidelines for creating a harmonious living environment, it is important to prioritize sustainable and eco-friendly practices to reduce your ecological footprint and contribute to a healthier planet. Remember that is essential.