Oh, how destinations inspire me, whether I’m in a new and unique place or dreaming online. I love the dramatic use of tile in eateries and have all my future renovation ideas pinned and bookmarked for reference as I renovate my kitchen, bathroom, or outdoor space.
I once again got lost online and looked at beautiful tile installations in boutique cafes and resort restaurants around the world. Below, we have presented 10 attractive designs that might inspire you too. The images are paired with my brief takeaways.
1. Install floor-to-ceiling earth-toned tiles behind rustic open shelving.
Four Seasons Mexican Taqueria
2. Make a statement on your patio with colorful patterned tiles.
Hotel Tiki Tiki
3. Create bold, colorful patterns using basic geometric tiles.
The Lost Palm, Lexington, Kentucky
4. Choose bright colors instead of neutral tiles for bars and peninsulas.
Little Palm Bar, Charleston
5. Create a focal point inside the arched niche with an eye-catching pattern.
6. Create unique border and stripe motifs by combining two contrasting colors.
7. Impressive with dramatic walls covered in 3D tiles.
8. Pair rectangular and square tiles of the same color and install them in various vertical stack formats.
Pine Nut Cafe, Salt House
9. Add earth-toned zellige tiles to a wainscot-style wall and display art on top.
Unamas, New South Wales
10. Go bold with a custom mosaic of colorful diamond-shaped tiles.
strawberry moon, miami, florida
I’m always inspired by the creative tile installations I find during my travels. It enhances the atmosphere and enhances the experience, especially when bars and restaurants take risks.
We also recommend the following destination design articles from our archives:
Riads of Morocco / Napa and Sonoma
Tulum and Maya Riveria/Amalfi Coast